About Eastern Medical College & Hospital (EMCH)
Established in 2005
Location: Comilla, Bangladesh
Course: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration: 5 Years (Full Time) + 1 Year Internship (Optional for foreign students, they can opt for an internship in their home country)
The medium of Instruction: English
Eastern Medical College & Hospital Total Capacity: 600 bedded Hospital
Average Occupancy: 85-90%
MBBS Degree valid in India
Teacher Student ratio is 1:5
Eastern Medical College & Hospital EMCH ranking among the top Medical College in Bangladesh
Affiliation and Recognition:
- Chittagong Medical University
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC)
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council
- Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS)
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Bangladesh
- World Directory of Medical Institutions www.wdoms.org
- World Health Organization (WHO) – The World Health Organization’s World
- The directory of Medical Schools is no longer incorporated in the Avicenna Directory but has been transferred to the new World Directory of Medical Schools. The new World Directory is a joint venture of the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). The World Directory was created by merging FAIMER’s International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and WFME’s Avicenna Directory
Infrastructure and Facilities:
- 600 bedded Hospital (EMCH) with an excellent clinical teaching facility.
- Experienced & Caring Faculty with nationally reputed teaching staff.
- Separate hostels with attached bath for boys & girls with adequate security.
- Excellent learning facilities – Modern classrooms, Labs, Library, and Lecture Halls with audio-visual facilities.
- The whole library is under a free WI-FI Internet Network. It is registered with the Health InterNetwork Access to Research (HINARI) initiative through WHO due to which teachers & students of EMC have free access to more than 6600 latest Medical Journals in the world.
- Every EMC student has a unique ID & Password through which their guardian can log into the EMC website (Student’s Profile) to know the academic details, performance & other information about their child.
- Video call booth for foreign students to communicate with their parents and guardian.
- Eastern Medical College provides Video conferencing facility in all Operation Theatres.
- Separate Common rooms for Male & Female students with television, indoor games, and entertainment. Separate GYM for boys & girls in hostel.
- Facilities for outdoor games, tournaments, and cultural activities.
- A good cafeteria for students as well as for teachers.
- ATM booth within the campus.
- Modern transport fleet for easy commuting of students.
- Postgraduate training in Medicine, Surgery, Gynae & Obs. are recognized by the Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons (BCPS).
- Round-the-clock standby Generator.
About Eastern Medical College & Hospital (EMCH) Authorised Admission Center:
Smile Education Consultancy
Helpline: (+91) 9903 033 033
Our Office Location
B-265, Survey Park Santoshpur (1st Floor)
(Near Kishore Bharati Stadium, Survey Park Kali Mandir)
West Bengal 700075, India
Landline: 033 7965 8170
Mobile: +91-988312-3838 / +91-903864-3838