The Southern Medical College and Hospital (SMCH) was established in 2005 to provide quality medical education at an affordable cost. SMCH is one of the leading medical colleges in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Eligible Indian candidates can find all the information they need on our website, including fees in Indian rupees and the admission process.
MBBS Admission in Southern Medical College and Hospital
About Southern Medical College & Hospital (SMCH) was established in 2005 and is located in Chittagong. The aim of the college is to provide the nation with a group of bright medical graduates. The college offers MBBS courses and trains students to be competent medical professionals. Southern Medical College & Hospital has a modern infrastructure and facilities, which enable students to get the best possible medical education and practical training. The college has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are dedicated to providing quality education to their students.
Course: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration: 5 Years (Full Time) + 1 Year Compulsory Internship in the same institute (Indian students need to complete one additional year of internship in their home country)
The medium of Instruction: English
SMCH ranking among the top Medical School in Bangladesh under Chittagong Medical University
|Total 5 Years Package||US$41,000 Approximate INR 32,50,000|
|Food or Mess Bill:||3,000 to 4,000 INR per month|
|Hostel :||Included in Fees (Within Campus Separate Boys and Girls Hostel)|
|Food :||Indian Food (Veg Food Available)|
|Medium of Instruction:||English|
|Duration Of Study :||5 Years|
|Admission Intake:||January (Due to Pandemic Academic Calendar changed, will normal soon)|
|College Address:||Southern Medical College Road, East Nasirabad, Khulshi, P/O: Polytechnic, Chittagong – 4209, Bangladesh|
|Hospital Total Beds:||500|
|Weekly Holiday :||Friday|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Affiliated University:||Chittagong Medical University|
|Recognition and Affiliation:||
|Official Admission Consultant:||Smile Education Consultancy|
Download Southern Medical College Fees Structure:
Southern Medical College and Hospital Bangladesh fee structure 2022-2023
Southern Medical College Fee Structure in Indian Rupees
|Year||Tuition Fee (USD)||USD vs INR||Tuition Fee (INR)|
|First year Seat Booking||$5,000 USD||x79.50||₹3,97,500|
|First year Admission Time||$15,000 USD||x79.50||₹11,92,500|
|Within 15 Dec 2023||$6,000 USD||x79.50||₹4,77,000|
|Within 15 Dec 2024||$5,000 USD||x79.50||₹3,97,500|
|Within 15 June 2025||$5,000 USD||x79.50||₹3,97,500|
|Within 15 Dec 2025||$5,000 USD||x79.50||₹3,97,500|
|Total Fees||$41,000 USD||x79.50||₹32,59,500|
See Southern Medical College Eligibility Criteria
How to Apply MBBS Admission process in Southern Medical College and Hospital?
Eligibility Requirements to apply MBBS in Bangladesh
- Indian Applicant must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Exam (HSC or 12th) or equivalent with minimum 60 percentage, as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) as a major compulsory subjects
- Individual Biology score must be minimum 60% or GPA 3.5
- Candidates must passed SSC class 10 with minimum 60 percentage
- Year of passing Class 10 or SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent exam not before 2018 and Class 12 or HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent exam passed not before 2021
- Required Total GPA 7, individual Minimum GPA required in SSC and HSC : 3.5 each
- Indian Candidates must qualify NEET-UG in 2022 or last year 2021 with minimum NEET Cutoff General category 50 percentile and for OBC/SC/ST 40 Percentile (Without NEET MBBS Admission not possible)
See here to Calculate GPA for MBBS in Bangladesh
Admission Process of Southern Medical College and Hospital for Indian Students
- Candidates must have valid Indian passport
- Indian applicant must fulfil all the eligibility criteria mention above.
- Send pdf copy of your Class 10, class 12 marks-sheet and NEET Score card to Smile Education via email or WhatsApp
- With in 7-10 working days Medical College will issue provisional admission letter
- Transfer initial seat booking money directly to colleges
- Go to nearest forex enable Bank, produce your passport, provisional admission letter, parents (legal guardian) PAN, fill the FEMA form or take help from branch manager.
- Process of transferring international money call telegraphic transfer (TT) or wire transfer.
- Once wire transfer done, you will get TT receipt copy, Indian Banks generally took 24 hr.
- Once you get original TT copy, email the softcopy to Smile Education,
- Medical College will issue Confirmation Admission Letter within 7-10 working days.
- Now your MBBS Seat is Booked and secured
- Smile Education will start step be step documentation processing.
Authorised Admission Center:
Smile Education Consultancy
Contact Person: Mrs. Reepa Biswas (CEO)
Helpline: (+91) 9903 033 033
Our Head Office Location
B-265, Survey Park Santoshpur (1st Floor)
(Near Kishore Bharati Stadium, Survey Park Kali Mandir)
West Bengal 700075, India
Landline: 033 7965 8170
Mobile: +91-988312-3838 / +91-903864-3838
Gujarat Office Address:
324, Shilpi Square, (3rd Floor)
Dahej Bypass Road Bharuch (Opp. Nagori Dairy),
Bharuch, Gujarat – 392001
Call: (+91)-812-888-3198 (9:30 AM to 7:30 PM)